Equip yourself with tools and skills to build a career and thrive as a working fine artist.
This is the first course in the Fine Arts Program and takes the first steps in career-mapping, skill development and more. During this 10 week course, you will outline your professional goals as a gallery artist and evaluate established or new genres that appeal to your style and interest.
With the close guidance of your mentor, you will learn to refine your skills and technique as you develop a unique style and voice.
From hands-on assignments, to in-depth feedback every week from a team of pro artists, you will have all the resources you need to accelerate and push your work to the next level.
Sundays, 4:30pm – 7:30pm PT
10 weeks (23 Live Classes)
All Traditional Mediums Permitted
Enrollment Now Open
Only 3 Seats Left!
Cassandra Loomis Kim, John English, and Raymond Bonilla
Beginner / Intermediate
Live & On-Demand
Live Mentorship Class
3 Hours on Sundays
Live Group Critiques
2 Hours on Wednesdays
7 (view here)
A mentorship taught by seasoned pros
Cassandra Loomis Kim
Cassandra is a contemporary artist whose paintings reflect a lifelong love of animals and traditional art. Inspired by the master painters of the past and she seeks to put her own slightly absurd surrealistic twist on art by replacing animals with people. She also has been teaching herself to restore reclaimed antique and vintage wood items to paint on or frame her paintings in. She is a Virginia native and 2003 BFA Illustration graduate from Virginia Commonwealth University, and worked as a muralist and graphic artist for Trader Joes for 14 years. In 2013, the Klondike Gold Rush National Park and Chilkoot Historical Site awarded Cassandra with an artist residency. In 2018 Cassandra turned her focus to her personal art full-time. She is represented by Glave Kocen Consulting and is guest artist at Robert Lange Studios and has been in exhibits across the United States and internationally.
- Cornucopia, Group Show, Wow x Wow Online Gallery, United Kingdom
- Between Spellbook Pages, Group Show, Gristle Art Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
- Cult of Meow VI, Group Show, Gristle Arts Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
- Richmond Folk Festival, Art Booth, Richmond, VA
- The Birds and The Bees, Group Show, Robert Lange Studio, Charleston, SC
- Danse Macabre, Modern Eden Gallery, Group Show, San Francisco, CA
- EBTKS 2022, La Luz de Jesus Gallery, Group Show, Los Angeles, CA
- Beautiful Creatures, two person show at Revolution Art Gallery, Buffalo, NY
- Strange Paradise: A Window into Surrealism, a juried exhibit, Annmarie Sculpture Garden & Arts Center, Solomons, MD
- Some Fun Now, Little Shop of Horrors Tribute Show, Group Show, SugarMynt Gallery,
- The Portrait Show X, Group Show, Modern Eden Gallery, San Francisco, CA
- Echo All the Worlds, Group Show, Wow x Wow Online Gallery, United Kingdom
- Microvision 5, Wow x Wow Online Gallery, United Kingdom
- 100 Trees, Modern Eden Gallery, San Francisco, CA
- The Listening Room, Robert Lange Studio, Charleston, SC
- Familiar Strangers, Wow x Wow Online Gallery, United Kingdom
- Within the Static, Wow x Wow Online Gallery, United Kingdom
- Size Doesn’t Matter, Glave Kocen Consulting, Richmond, Va
- Surreal Salon 14, Baton Rouge Gallery curated by Carrie Ann Baade, Baton Rouge, LA
John English was raised in the company of New York’s most talented illustrators. He is the co-founder and program director of Visual Arts Passage. He is also the founder and director of The Illustration Academy.
John is currently represented by Eva Reynolds Gallery.
He has received numerous awards from organizations including New York Society of Illustrators, Los Angeles Society of Illustrators, Communication Arts, Graphis and Print Magazine. John’s work has graced the cover of Newsweek, the pages of Esquire, Money, and Essence, and the publications of Penguin Books, Bantam Books, Hitachi, 7-Up, NCAA, Sprint Corporation, and the Knoll Furniture Group.
Award-winning Guest Speakers
Every semester, Visual Arts Passage invites 7 guest speakers to connect and share wisdom with all students. These industry leaders answer student questions, complete in-depth demonstrations, review work, and more.
UPCOMING GUEST SPEAKERS
What makes this Mentorship unique?
As a mentorship student, you will gain access to a vast wealth of resources to better your understanding and improve your skills. You will be paired with a high-caliber professional, who will be with you every step of the way.
Every class is delivered live and is fully interactive with lectures, demos, critiques, and guest speakers. Consider this your front row seat.
Connect on Discord
Broaden and explore new skills while developing work that appeals to galleries and clients
Students are tasked on a weekly basis with a variety of skill-building exercises, real-world assignments, and projects to help refine and improve. Once students establish direction, their assignments will aim to build a body of work with that focus.
Save $400 On Your First Art Mentorship
I was pushed to try new techniques and materials. I really enjoyed the projects and the opportunity to let loose in regards to my own process and style.
Payment Installments Available
Even though our courses are the best value, with the high caliber instruction and personalized mentoring, there are finance options available to make the mentorship program financially possible for as many artists as possible. Select Shop Pay or Affirm at checkout to view options.