Storytelling and Idea Creation
Learn how to jumpstart your storytelling skills and develop compelling narratives.
YOUR NEXT GREAT IDEA IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER.
What if there were a process to building great ideas? Sterling Hundley’s creative work and teaching methodology have become synonymous with intelligent, powerful ideas. This course is designed for artists wanting to create unique, personal artwork that pushes visual problem solving beyond the illustrated cliché. Learn the difference between specific methodologies for developing narrative illustrations that tell compelling stories and conceptual solutions that communicate complex and challenging communication. This 3-part workshop is 9 hours of recorded content. The workshop is available for streaming for up to 1 year after purchase.
Develop a complete and thorough understanding of Sterling Hundley's ideation process through a practical assignment.
Several demonstrations and exercises are completed during this 3-part workshop by acclaimed illustrator, Sterling Hundley.
The information shared by Sterling is directly sourced from an industry he has worked in for years. This is hands-on, practical information.
LECTURE & ASSIGNMENT
- Presentation and lecture of Sterling Hundley's work.
- Lecture on Sterling's working process.
- Students receive an assignment and demonstration on how to proceed.
GUIDANCE & DEMO
- Learn from previous students' projects as Sterling critique their work.
- Additional demonstration by Sterling is presented during this session.
REVIEW & CRITIQUE
- Review and critique finished assignment.
- The critique process is an extremely valuable element of the learning process.
- On-demand attendees do not receive a critique.
Meet Sterling Hundley
Sterling Hundley is an internationally acclaimed illustrator. His work has appeared regularly in the pages of Communication Arts, American Illustration, Print Magazine, the Los Angeles Society of Illustrators, 3 x 3, Graphis, Step by Step Graphics, the Society of Publication Designers, and the New York Society of Illustrators. Clients include Rolling Stone, Entertainment Weekly, Atlantic Monthly, the Grammys, GQ, The New Yorker, The New York Times, Harper Collins, Penguin/Putnam, Random House, Scholastic, and Knopf. From 2006-08, Sterling was the most highly awarded illustrator in the US.